Managing your Amazon business may require giving partners or employees access to all or part of your Helium 10 account and its tools. To add users to your account with unique sign-in access, you need to be a Diamond or Elite member. Diamond members can add three additional users, while Elite members can add five additional users. Authorizing access to your Helium 10 account tools does not authorize access to your Amazon Seller Central account.
Helium 10 lets you control which tools any authorized user can see and use. Because some of the tools have limited uses and others have sensitive data, you may not want to give all your sub-account users access to all of the tools. For example, you may have an employee who writes all of your advertising copy and product descriptions so you want them to be able to access the keyword research tools like Cerebro or Frankenstein, or you have an employee who investigates new product ideas, so you want them to use Helium 10's product research tools like Black Box and Trendster, but you don't want either of these individuals to be able to access your Profits data.
This tutorial covers how to add and manage these sub-account users.
1. Sign into your Helium 10 member account.
2. On the Helium 10 dashboard, click on your member account icon located in the top, right corner. A drop-down menu will open with a link to a page where you can add or delete users. Click on User Accounts.
3. You manage all your sub-account users on the User Accounts page. Here, you can add or delete users, and set restrictions and authorizations for which tools you want these individuals to access.
To add a user, click on the ADD NEW USER button in the upper right corner.
4. A window pops up with open fields for the new user's name and email address. Type in the information and click on the green Create User button.
5. After you click Create User, a confirmation window opens to alert you that an email was sent to the user. Click the blue OK button to close the alert.
6. Meanwhile, the user will receive an email from Helium 10 with a link to set up a password to activate their sub-account. Before attempting to sign into your account as a secondary user, this individual must be completely signed out of all other Helium 10 accounts. Then, they can click on the blue Click here link.
7. The link will open a Set Password screen. The new user should create a password that is at least six characters in length.
8. After typing in the new password twice to establish and confirm it, the new user needs to click on the green Set Password button.
9. Now, whenever the new user goes to the sub-account Sign In screen, the top line will show the primary owner's account number and require the user's unique email and password. When they sign in initially, they will not be able to actually open any of the tools until you authorize them.
10. Once the new user has activated their sign-in and set their password, you can manage the tools you want them to be able to access.
Click on the blue Manage Permissions button next to the new user's details on the User Accounts screen. The screen will expand to show all the available tools under the user's sub-account information. Click the boxes next to the tools you want the user to be able to see when they sign into your Helium 10 account. A green checked box signifies active access.
11. Now, when the sub-account user logs into your account with their personal email and password, they will only see the tools for which you have authorized access. Only the left menu icon links work for sub-account users.
12. If, at any time, you want to modify the tools that a specific sub-account user can access, open the User Accounts page and click Manage Permissions again. If you want to remove access to all tools, but retain the sub-account, simply uncheck or deactivate all the tool boxes under Manage Permissions. If you want to completely delete the sub-account, click on the red Delete button located on the right side of the sub-account user's details.
13. Helium 10 will alert you that a sub-account user is being deleted. If you clicked on the Delete button accidently, just Cancel the action. If you are, in fact, deleting the account, click on the green Yes, delete it button in the lower, right corner.
If a sub-account user ever forgets their password, they should go to your account's Sign In page and click on the forgot password link. Helium 10 will send the user an email with a link to reset it.