Why Don't I See the Most Recent Amazon PPC Data in Prestozon?
Amazon doesn't provide data in real-time or report sales for 24 hours. To make sure we only present accurate information, every night (after midnight in the time zone of the marketplace) we pull data for the day that ended 24 hours ago. This means that usually on a Monday the most recent day you'll see is Saturday.
- Performance Metrics (Impressions to Clicks to Sales - across the customer journey) - We pull performance metrics daily from Amazon, shortly after midnight in the time zone of the marketplace.
- Account State Changes - We sync master data changes (keyword changes, campaign changes, etc…) once a day at midnight in the time zone of the marketplace, across all accounts. You can manually trigger this sync in a marketplace by going to the gear wheel in the top right of the application and selecting the "Sync Amazon Data" option.
- Account State Changes include: paused, archived, enabled for campaigns, ad group, keywords, ads and campaign budgets, start date, end date, keyword bid, ad group and campaign name changes.
To further complicate matters, Amazon recently changed their reporting to only report keyword impressions for days with clicks. This means that if a keyword gets impressions but no clicks on a certain day, Amazon will not report those impressions for that day. Therefore, we won't show information for a campaign until it gets its first click. (This change affects both the API and Seller Central/Vendor Central/AMS.)
The reason Amazon doesn't focus on real-time data for the API is because their metrics aren't really real time metrics. There are certainly benefits to getting real time data, but Amazon uses 7-day (or 14-day depending on the product) attribution windows to determine if a click results in a sale. This means that if you are looking at clicks in real time, you're probably not seeing ANY sales on the most recent clicks. If you look at the past 24 hours, you might see MOST of the sales, but a sale that occurs up to 7 days after a click can be applied back to that click. The sale date will even reflect the date of the click and not the date the order was actually placed.
Because of this attribution window structure, real time data isn't as vital as other data systems. It would definitely be nice to have, but in some ways, real time data in the Amazon PPC ecosystem can actually be misleading if someone doesn't completely understand the attribution structure. It is much more beneficial to look at trends over longer time frames to ensure you have all the relevant data and attributions to make completely informed decisions for long term growth.
If Amazon updates their report to support sales data from the previous day we'll update Prestozon to pull more recent data.
If you need some help reach out to us and be sure to include your Amazon Ad Account ID and/or the user email address you use to log in.
20 August 2020
Why Don't I See All My Marketplaces in Prestozon?
There could be a couple reasons for this. The most common is that the email you signed up with doesn't have access to the marketplace you are looking for. For example, this could be the case if:
- You have an AMS account and a Seller Central account under two different emails
- You have North American marketplaces under one email and European marketplaces under another.
- New accounts and marketplaces need advertising data in order to be recognized by the Amazon API. If this is a brand new marketplace with no advertising data, it may be necessary to create a trial campaign (typically a low budget auto campaign), to get some advertising data for the API to recognize and start sending data to Prestozon.
You have two options. You can either grant access to the marketplaces you want to see to that email address through Seller Central (described here) or you can sign up for Prestozon again using the other email. A subscription is required per account ID, so if you want to subscribe for all accounts you will need the same number of subscriptions with either method.
10 September 2019
Where Can I Get More Help with Prestozon?
Our blog is an incredible resource for both Prestozon specific and general Amazon Advertising information. You can check it out here:
Or, you can open a new ticket by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org!
I Just Upgraded Prestozon, But I Can Still Only See One Campaign. What's Happening?
It's important to make sure you upgraded the right account. Prestozon subscriptions work on a per account basis. You will need to upgrade each account for which you want to have full access.
If you want to give an employee or assistant access to an account that you've already upgraded, let us know. We're planning on adding an "add a seat" feature, but for now just open a ticket and we'll get it sorted out.
If you added an affiliate code. but are still restricted to one campaign, make sure you went all the way through the upgrade process. You need to click "Subscribe" for the upgrade to go through.
1 February 2018
Why Is My Account Stuck Importing Data from Amazon to Prestozon?
When you sign up, Prestozon needs to import your Amazon ad account data and retrieve all the information about your account, including the last two months of data and history stored by Amazon. Depending on the size of your account and how busy the API is, this action could take from an hour to 24 hours.
While you're waiting, we suggest learning about Prestozon by watching a quick video tutorial and reading some articles in our blog. Here are some of our favorites:
If it's been longer than a day, let us know, and we'll see what's going on, drop us a line at Support@Prestozon.com and we'll help troubleshoot this for you.
26 November 2019
Why Don't I See a Change I Made on the Amazon Portal in Prestozon?
There are two main types of data that Amazon sends us, Performance Metrics and Account State data.
When you make a change in Amazon, you're changing the Account State. For Account State Changes, we sync master data changes (keyword changes, campaign changes, etc…) once a day at midnight in the time zone of the marketplace across all accounts. You can manually trigger this sync in a marketplace by going to the gear wheel in the top right of the application and selecting the "Sync Amazon Data" option.
- Account State Changes include: paused, archived, enabled for campaigns, ad group, keywords, ads and campaign budgets, start date, end date, keyword bid, ad group and campaign name changes
Here's where you can find the "Sync Amazon Data" button:
To preserve application performance, the account sync has a five minute cool down period.
20 August 2020
Create a Free Helium 10 Account Today!
Start with the free extension: Download the Helium 10 Chrome Extension.