A useful feature in Portals allows you to create QR Codes for your Portals, your product inserts, or digital ads. Let’s create a QR Code.
1. Open Portals from the Helium 10 Dashboard. The tool is located under the Marketing tab in the left side menu.
2. In Portals, use the left menu link to open the QR Code window.
3. To create a QR Code, click on the New QR Code button.
4. In the New QR Code builder window, you can name your QR Code, and then choose the type you want--a code to use on a Portal, a code that is tracked by the Portals software, or a code that is not tracked by Portals. Name your code based on the URL you’re choosing so it’s easy to search for later. Make your choice, and click the Save & Continue button.
On the QR Code URL step, you will be given several options for the type of QR Code you want to create. Use the Portal Link button when you want to create a new QR Code for an existing Portal webpage.
Use the Tracked URL when you want a code for an outside document, but still want its use tracked and recorded by Portals. The Tracked URL option will create a code that tracks the QR Code scans, Short Link visits (optional), and scanned devices and locations.
Use the Untracked URL button when you do not want Portals to track and record the QR Code’s data.
5. If you choose the Portal Link type, you will be required to choose an existing Portal from your library of Portals. Click on the Portal for which you want to make a QR Code, and then click the Select Portal URL button.
6. In the final window of the design process, you can add your logo, add a new image, position the image, change the color of the code, add the URL under the QR Code, and adjust the Dot Scale. Each of these design steps are optional. Once you have modified the QR Code to your preferences, click the Save & Finish button.
7. If you choose to create a QR Code using the Tracked URL button, you’ll go through a similar process. Click on the Tracked URL button.
8. Next, you’ll be asked to choose which type of two-step URL you want. If you have used Helium 10’s URL builder, or Portals, these options will be familiar to you. If you choose the first option, you’ll need to know the custom URL you want to use. Otherwise, the various options will ask you to enter required keywords and/or ASINs to complete the process.
9. Follow the steps to build your two-step URL. Let’s create a Canonical URL. Click on the Canonical URL button and fill in the required information, then click the Add URL button.
10. Finally, if you choose the third type of QR Code, the one that is not tracked, click on the Untracked URL button and enter the URL you want embedded in the QR Code. Click the Save & Continue button.
11. Choose the options for the design, including: your logo or another image; the image placement; the QR Code color; the URL inclusion; and the Dot Scale setting.
12. When you’re finished, the new QR Code will appear in your list on the QR Code main webpage.
A last, important step is to test your QR Code. If you added background images, or reduced the dot scale, the QR Code may not scan properly.
Create a Free Helium 10 Account Today!
Start with the free extension: Download the Helium 10 Chrome Extension.